As an AWS Network Engineer, you will:
• Define AWS cloud network security architecture, principles, standards, and guidelines to be implemented.
• Hands on experience designing, implementing, and maintaining highly available and secure distributed system and the network architectures in AWS.
• Strong experience with AWS network topology and services (Multi account/VPC environments that are integrated via AWS transit gateway, Direct Connects/VPNs connecting to physical locations).
• Recommend, design, and implement network security solutions, tools, and services using cloud technologies to monitor and protect our cloud infrastructure.
• Ensure tight coupling between network security and DevOps through collaboration with engineers.
• Provide technical expertise on trends and emerging standards to network security landscape both in public clouds and private network infrastructure.
• Work closely with team members to effectively enhance, implement, and configure network security technologies that are scalable and enhance detection and response.
• Conduct incident response as part of the greater Cloud and Security teams.
• Incorporate lessons learned from incident investigations to improve monitoring, alerting, and automation capabilities.
• Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within cloud infrastructure.
Required Qualifications – Must Have:
• Minimum 5 – 7 yrs. of experience with on-premise networking products (Cisco ASA, Firepower, Client, and Palo Alto).
• Minimum 2 – 4 yrs. experience designing/implementing cloud network security infrastructure services in AWS, including: monitoring, vulnerability management, and data protection.
• Minimum 2 yrs. experience analyzing network flow logs (both NetFlow and VPC flow logs).
• 3 – 5 years Hands-on experience working with AWS services and tools such as: VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, API Gateway, Direct Connect, AWS App Mesh, AWS Cloud Map, Global Accelerator, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Lambda, CloudWatch.
• Experience with implementation of multi-tenant cloud environments.
• Strong understanding of networking basics including routing, MPLS, VPNs.
• Strong understanding of network security including modern firewalls, IDS/IPS, network segmentation and Zero Trust.
Had two network engineers based out of India. They left the company which is why this is urgent to fill.
Core requirement is someone needing AWS. They have been finding people in the datacenter but not with AWS skills.
Need to configure customer networks to connect with their infrastructure.
6 month contract but could convert if someone was eligible and interested.
Will test them on knowledge and experience in the field.
VPN set ups and direct connect. Knowledge and debugging skills.
Someone who can deal with debugging issues, identify root cause. Not very client facing.
EST hours. Work from 6am to 2:30pm. Could make exceptions for the right candidate.
Will have interview- 1 hour session with two technical members on Sam’s team.
Setting up VPM, peer to peer in AWS, VPC to VPN connections.