What’s the role?
The incumbent will play a key role in the implementation of Google Cloud Platform infrastructure initiatives.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Strong working knowledge of cloud offerings and solutions on Google Cloud Platform (or similar – Azure, AWS)
- Play a key role in the implementation of all Google Cloud Platform infrastructure initiatives, including IaC, IAM, security, networking, DevOps, etc.
- Team up with the cloud architects to successfully implement Google Cloud Platform architecture designs using IaC tools (predominately Terraform,gCloud etc.)
- Perform Cloud Engineering and ongoing support activities including workload migration the to cloud.
- Automate the provisioning of secure landing zones and virtual compute resources.
- Implement security controls and monitoring requirements in cloud platforms.
- Provide ongoing service support and run-time system administration.
- Administer daily operations of servers including log review with escalation, patch & upgrade applications,
- manage backup & restoration implementation and testing.
Skills & Experience required:
- Deep knowledge of Google computing, storage, logging and monitoring, auditing, security services & DevOps
- 3-5 years of strong experience with Google Cloud Platform services such as Google Compute (Computer
- Engine, Kubernetes Engine), Storage (Cloud Storage, buckets, Persistent Disk), Identity (Cloud Identity, Cloud
- IAM), Security (Cloud Security Command Center, Cloud Security Scanner), Networking (VPC, Cloud Load
- Balancing), and Management Tools (Stackdriver Overview, Monitoring, Logging)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of PaaS and IaaS features in Cloud
- Sound experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloud Run, Cloud Function etc.) and servers, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- Strong skills in Python and Powershell.
- Must have Google cloud working experience landing zone key google products and services like Compute
- Engine, App Engine, Cloud Storage Cloud SQL Resource Manager etc.
- Develop infrastructure as code cloud foundational solutions using scripts, templates, blueprints, workflows, CI/CD orchestration tools, and other automation technologies
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, or Windows and familiarity with standard IT security practices (e.g., encryption, certificates, key management).
- Understanding of load balancers, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls in the cloud environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps services such as Git repots, DevOps, Pipelines, Test Plans, Artifacts, etc.
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., OS Config, Chef)
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure